Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Six more years and I'll be perfect.

I don't know, I think that I have it together and then....I don't know. I have been trying to live a healthier lifestyle for about six years now with great success. I exercise five days a week and I eat a very healthful diet. It amazes me how much a person can change during the course of a six year journey and I am proud of how far i've come.

I started off with the goal of eating normal meals but without the snacking in between. This worked for a while but I quickly learned that depriving myself of the things that I love was a sure way of ended up curled into a ball in my bedroom clutching a chocolate cake. I wondered why I wasn't seeing the results I wanted when I was working my ass of and after six years I finally figured it out.

I eat too damn much. I recently bought a food scale and cannot believe how much more than the serving size that I have been eating. I feel like a damn fool, all these years I thought that maybe I had a metabolic problem or wasn't working out properly and come to find out that I am just a bit to heavy handed with the serving spoon. I'm more pissed about the fact that it took me all these years to figure this simple thing out than the fact that I could have reached my fitness goals a long time ago if I had only known to buy a scale earlier.

Friggin Scale. Ain't it crummy though to know that even too much super healthy food can make you fat. It's not like i'm sittin around eating ice cream all day.
My major problem though is that I have a sweet tooth so strong that it is almost rotten. More on how I keep working out for an hour and a half and then go into a blind frenzy and eat something ridiculous and ruin it all later.

No comments: