Monday, March 14, 2011

Question for Ya!

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DO THIS? I have had this silly blog for a short while now and I gotta say, I can't think of a damn thing to talk about. I was never conceited enough to think that I was a very professorial person with a lot to say but lawdy, lawdy I feel dumb on this thing. I just thought that it would be fun to chatter about the things that happen to me in every day life. I love to write in my journal and I love the sound of the keyboard keys clicking away and so I thought that this would be the best of both worlds. I was wrong. I watch the news but sharing my views on politics just makes me feel dumb because all of you guys are so much better at it and I would be crushed if someone commented and put me in my place.

I AM SUCH A PUSSY!!!WHAT I'M GIVING UP FOR LENT. BEING A PUSS.

If I don't find a voice soon i'm just gonna shut this thing down and go back to the journal where I don't feel so silly.

2 comments:

Jack Crow said...

Rage helps. Write about what hurts. We all have that in common, and when we start comparing notes, especially publicly, we discover how many of those hurts are similar, and how often it is that they are inflicted by the same sort of people.

Our experiences vary. I don't know what it's like to grow up black, or a woman. I wouldn't begin to pretend to understand. But, in writing and reading about those people who make life worse for the rest of us, I've come across any number of writers who do, and who are generous enough to share those experiences across the expanses which separate us.

Those voices are important, because our culture already limits them according to profit and corporate perception, never mind the embedded biases which poison our history.

Perhaps you have one of those voices within you.

Daij said...

I feel you. I felt that same way 17 hundred + blog entries ago. I wrote one blog entry and then I stopped. But at work I was always sending inspirational quotes, bible verses, or funny emails to people. Then a few people were asking why don't I put them on my blog, and so I started to do that. I decided initially, that I wanted my blog to be the go-blog for anything deep, funny, and inspirational, which comes naturally. And that's where and how it started. Check it out :http://www.daij62.blogspot.com/

Good luck!


Alieux