Sunday, August 8, 2010

Those Backsliders, Backsliders!

Backsliders hunh, sounds like a lunchtime special at the Red Robin. I feel so ashamed. I missed church today. I have been on a mission to serve the lord in person this month and I am off to a terrible start. I would like to make the argument that I am without vehicular transportation because my sister took my car so that she could go to church, so I guess that her soul is safe but I could have gotten to church if I really wanted to. I would like to make the argument that I am still scarred by my experience in july at the church of the holy monster of perpetual misery, after my run in with the shriveled little dragon lady with the head like a totem pole, but I can't use that as an excuse.

For me, church is like exercising. Yes, sometimes I fell sweaty and my heart rate goes bonkers and while I don't end up on my hands and knees that often in church I feel that this is a good comparison. It takes about thirty minutes every day for me to get the gumption to work out, same thing with church. I don't want to go but when I get there I sure am happy I came. Keep me in your prayers. Jesus got on the cross so the least I can do is get on my feet and praise my father. Peace...

No comments: