Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Don't be singing no happy birthday to me.

Well, I am happy to say that I made it through another year, but I officially feel old. I know that is a ridiculous comment to make at my age but I do. I know it is because I am not where I thought I would be at this point in my life. I thought that I would be living in another state, with an established career and more self awareness than I have right now. If I were where I wanted to be I would celebrate today like any other day but I feel like i'm just starting off in life and by the time I do get it together i'll be 37 and then i'll really feel old.

I'm so superficial. That was a stupid paragraph to type but i'm not gonna delete it because hopefully sometime soon I will look at it and laugh.

My mom told me that when I was four I was a shy little girl and that I didn't like it when I was the center of attention (something that I still don't like). When my birthday would roll around I would enjoy the entire day until it was time to eat the cake. Whenever She my Dad and Sisters would sing Happy Birthday I would turn beet red because they were all staring at me. I would then turn around stomp out of the Kitchen and go sit on the steps yelling "Don't be singing no happy birthday to me". I don't do that anymore even though I want to for different reason.

I guess i'll shut up though because even though I don't like getting older I do like being alive and I hope to see this day next year.

No comments: